Perimeter Roofing Athens is proud to offer a new service: roof cleaning! As roofs are exposed to outdoor elements and temperatures, it’s easy for dirt and debris to quickly accumulate. If your roof is not routinely cleaned, types of plant growth and debris can cause extensive roof damage. Common roofing damage may include roof leaks, cracked shingles, and clogged gutters. These issues can wreak havoc on your roof, leading to expensive roof repairs.
Because your roof is so important to the protection of your home, it’s necessary to maintain your roof well. Roof cleaning is one of the most effective ways to prevent damage from occurring and keep your roof in great condition. If you want to protect the integrity of your roof, schedule a roof cleaning service today! This roofing service can be completed within one appointment and will thoroughly clean the surface of your roof, using advanced drone technology.
Why Clean Your Roof?
There are two main reasons why you should consider roof cleaning. First and foremost, it can help prevent severe roofing damage, but it can also help to enhance your curb appeal. If you want to extend the lifespan of your roof and make the most of your money, roof cleaning is a worthy investment.
- Prevent Damage: A buildup of dirt or plant growth can be detrimental to your roof. This can trap water on top of the roof, leading it to leak within the roof’s internal structure. It’s also possible for mold to grow, which can lead to harmful deterioration.
- Increase Curb Appeal: If you keep your roof clean, it will continue to look brand new. You may not realize just how much of an impact your roof’s condition has on your home. If you’re looking to sell soon, roof cleaning is a great way to make your roof look brand new.
How Roof Cleaning Occurs
Our contractors at Perimeter Roofing Athens use a drone to target a pressure washer onto the roof, methodically cleaning the entire surface of your roof. We’re focused on safety and efficiency with each roof cleaning project. We recommend that you schedule roof cleaning at least once a year.
Schedule Roof Cleaning Today!
Types of Roofing Damage
Roofing damage can manifest in various ways. Severe weather is one of the most catasphrophic symptoms of roof damage. Strong winds can strip asphalt shingles off the roof, rain can cause harmful leaks, and snow can create ice dams. Colder temperatures bring powerful winds, hail, and condensation.
Over time, neglected maintenance can negatively impact roofs, as it can lead to unknown damage. Roofs that are older in age may be more susceptible to encountering issues. One such form of damage arises from plant growth. If you see moss or algae growing on your roof, you may not think much of it. Unfortunately, this can be a cause of major damage. These forms of roof damage can come about when you don’t follow through with roof cleaning:
- Roof Algae: Algae may grow in warm, humid climates, appearing in the form of dark roof stains. Algae can grow and spread quickly, even taking the appearance of black streaks. It also has the ability to take hold inside shingles, which can cause cracks.
- Roof Moss: Moss may grow on roofs in damp, shaded areas. Moss also has the ability to form under shingles, which allows bacteria and mold to grow. When this happens, cracks and leaks can appear in the roof.
- Roof Lichen: Lichen is a symbiotic relationship between algae and fungus. Lichen can be tricky to remove after it has attached. One of the best ways to combat it is with a strong pressure washer.
Perimeter Roofing Athens Now Offers Roof Cleaning!
Our team at Perimeter Roofing Athens is now offering roof cleaning near you! Are you ready to have a sparkling clean roof? Contact us today to schedule your roofing cleaning service. We also offer free roofing inspections, where we’ll conduct a thorough examination of your roof’s condition.